TAZ Plumbing Specializes in Water Heater Replacement in Tucson Arizona
Selecting the correct water heater for your home is critical to ensure that you have excellent hot water for years to come whenever you need it most. For a long time there only existed conventional tanks, but now we have more options to suit your needs and budget.
Tank Water Heater
The most common type of water heater, is a A tank water heater is probably what you think of when you think of a water heater. It is a large, upright cylindrical tank that holds a reservoir of heated water to be used whenever a fixture or appliance calls for it. It is reliable powerful and effective.
Tankless Water Heater
A tankless water heater heats water on-demand, which conserves energy and saves you money. More than one unit can be used in a house.
What causes water heaters to fail?
- No water in the tank caused the electric heating element to burn up
- Burner or heating element fails.
- Thermostat breaks.
- Valve sticks.
- Heating elements that are corroded
- bacterial infection inside of the tank
- faulty pressure relief valves
- a rusted, leaking tank
- Faulty gas pilot
- Faulty gas thermocouple
- Faulty gas pilot control valve
- Excessive sediment has built up in the bottom of the tank
- Unit is undersized for water heating demands
- Broken or damaged dip tube
- Bad plumbing installation
- Crossed cold and hot water connections
- Gas supply or control problems
- The pilot light (on gas heater) is out
- Sacrificial anode rod is failing
- A tripped circuit breaker if it is an electric water heater
When do you need a water heater replacement?
A water heater which is malfunctioning should be replaced if it’s over 8-10 years old. Some people replace their water heaters at 12-15 years even if it’s not showing signs of failure. Because newer water heaters can be much more energy efficient (due to newer designs), this can be cost effective. This will depend on how much hot water you use, the cost of your gas or electricity and the efficiency of your older heater. Newer heaters with a minor malfunction (e.g., the thermostat) may be repaired much more cheaply than installing a new one.
If you are looking for a water heater replacement, call Taz Plumbing today at (520) 886-1755 or fill out our contact form. We are excited to hear from you!